September 21 – Rock the Beat Packet Pickup and Cashola
- LOCATION: Old Beach Tavern, 3020 Virginia Beach Blvd, VA Beach, VA 23452
- TIME: 4:00-7:00pm
Mended Little Hearts of Coastal Virginia’s Rock the Beat 5K/1 Mile Kid’s Run race packet pickup will take place on Friday, September 21st from 4-7pm at Old Beach Tavern on VB Boulevard. During the 4-7pm pickup, our friends at Old Beach Tavern will be giving back 10% on all food purchases to Mended Little Hearts of Coastal Virginia, too! So make sure to come grab your race gear and stick around for some yummy food at Old Beach Tavern with us!.
September 22 – Rock the Beat 5K/1-Mile Kids’ Fun Run
- LOCATION: Dismal Swamp Canal Trail, 1200 Dismal Swamp Canal Trail, Chesapeake, VA 23323
- TIME: 8:20am
- The Rock the Beat 5K/1 Mile Kids’ Fun Run is a community event to raise awareness of the most common birth defect in the U.S. and to benefit the families affected by congenital heart defects (CHDs) in Coastal Virginia and its surrounding areas. One in every 110 babies is diagnosed with a congenital heart defect (CHD) – that’s 40,000 each year! Today, there are 2-4 million Americans living with CHD.
- Rock the Beat is sure to be a fun, family-friendly event filled with music, face painting, bounce houses, activities, and food! Swag for runners include a Rockin’ t-shirt and finisher’s medal!
- Please join us in supporting “the littlest heart patients of all”.
- Adults can register to run the 5K at the Dismal Swamp Canal Trail or, if you’re unable to attend and still want to support, you can sign up for the virtual 5K and run anytime and anywhere you choose! Also, the 1-Mile Kids’ Fun Run is just for kids!
- To register: https://www.athlinks.com/event/rock-the-beat-5K-and-1-mile-kids-run-244171
- 5K Registration 6/20-7/15: $25.00, 7/16-8/15: $30.00, 8/16-9/22: $35.00
- 1 Mile Kid’s Fun Run 6/20-7/15: $10.00, 7/16-8/15: $12.50, 8/16-9/22: $15.00
- RACE DAY SCHEDULE (Saturday, September 22, 2018)
- 7:15-8:20am – on-site registration & packet pickup
- 8:20am – Opening Ceremonies
- 8:45am – 5K Run/Walk start
- 9:30am – 1 Mile Kid’s Fun Run
October 16 – October Meeting: CHD & Neurodevelopment
- LOCATION: CHKD Heart Center, Norfolk, VA
- TIME: 6:30 – 8:00pm
- Dr Amy Newmeyer (CHKD Developmental Pediatrics) will present about the importance of neurodevelopment for congenital cardiac patients.
- We’ll have a light dinner (details TBD), and child care, if needed.