July 17– Eat for Change – Chipotle Fundraiser of MLH of CoVa
- LOCATION: Chipotle Mexican Grill, 300 Constitution Dr, Virginia Beach, VA 23462
- TIME: 4:00-8:00pm
- Come one, come all and go out to eat and show your support. 50% of the proceeds comes back to our Chapter.
- Be sure to bring in a flyer and tell the cashier that you are there to help Mended Little Hearts of Coastal Virginia. Please share the event, pass out flyers (see Photos page) to others and bring lots of people with you to eat!
July 24– Heart Family Night at Harbor Park
- LOCATION: Harbor Park, 150 Park Ave., Norfolk, VA 23510
- TIME: 7:00pm
- Join us for a night at Harbor Park with Mended Little Hearts of Coastal Virginia sponsored by the CHKD Heart Center. Heart kiddos will receive a surprise treat at the game!
- This game is a double header! You can come to both games, or choose one. Reserved tickets will be available for pick up outside of the main gate at the stadium from 3:40-3:55pm before the first game begins at 4:05pm, and again from 6:30-6:45pm before the regular start time.
August 4 – MLHCoVa Luau Pool Party
- Details in private FaceBook support group. Open to heart families only.
August 12– AMF Lynnhaven Bowling Tournament
- LOCATION: 2601 Lishelle Place, VA Beach, VA 23452
- TIME: 1:00pm check-in, 2:00pm start
- Play 9 Pin No Tap. $30 a person. Silent Auction, 50/50 Raffle, Vendors, Face Painting, Bowling Bingo and much more! Some lanes open for heart families only. (see Photos page)
August 23 – MLHCoVa Adult Caregiver Meeting
- LOCATION: Sentara Leigh Hospital, 830 Kempsville Rd, Norfolk, VA 23502
- TIME: 6:30 – 8:30 pm
- Learn how by meeting your needs, you will be helping your child as well. If you are the caregiver, come out and learn how to make sure you are taking the best care of yourself. Massage, essential oils, therapy, acupuncture, support groups, books and many more resources will be available and discussed.
September 22 – Rock the Beat 5K/1-Mile Kids’ Fun Run
- LOCATION: Dismal Swamp Canal Trail, 1200 Dismal Swamp Canal Trail, Chesapeake, VA 23323
- TIME: 8:20am
- The Rock the Beat 5K/1 Mile Kids’ Fun Run is a community event to raise awareness of the most common birth defect in the U.S. and to benefit the families affected by congenital heart defects (CHDs) in Coastal Virginia and its surrounding areas. One in every 110 babies is daignosed with a congenital heart defect (CHD) – that’s 40,000 each year! Tpdfay, there are 2-4 million Americans living with CHD.
- Rock the Beat is sure to be a fun, family-friendly event filled with music, face painting, bounce houses, activities, and food! Swag for runners include a Rockin’ t-shirt and finisher’s medal!
- Please join us in supporting “the littlest heart patients of all”.
- Adults can register to run the 5K at the Dismal Swamp Canal Trail or, if you’re unab;e to attend and still want to support, you can sign up for the virtual 5K and run anytime and anywhere you choose! Also, the 1-Mile Kids’ Fun Run is just for kids!
- To register: https://www.athlinks.com/event/rock-the-beat-5K-and-1-mile-kids-run-244171
- 5K Registration 6/20-7/15: $25.00, 7/16-8/15: $30.00, 8/16-9/22: $35.00
- 1 Mile Kid’s Fun Run 6/20-7/15: $10.00, 7/16-8/15: $12.50, 8/16-9/22: $15.00
- RACE DAY SCHEDULE (Saturday, September 22, 2018)
- 7:15-8:20am – on-site registration & packet pickup
- 8:20am – Opening Ceremonies
- 8:45am – 5K Run/Walk start
- 9:30am – 1 Mile Kid’s Fun Run